Daily Field Report
The site was visited by the undersigned AS Engineering and Consulting (ASEC) representative for the purpose of providing quality control inspection and testing services. Visual observation techniques were employed to assure compliance with project drawings/specifications, applicable codes, and materials submittals. The following observations were made on site today:
- The contractor continued excavation of Pond A planned to be on the northeast corner of the site.
- Material escavated was used to bring the grade up for Lots #17, 18 and 19.
- Three lifts were placed in this area. The undersigned observed mostly soil being placed in approximately 8-inch lifts and compacted by one CAT CP-433E model padfoot roller.
- A bulk sample was collected to perform lab testing. Material has been assigned to conduct a moisture density relationship curve using standard effort.
- Two density tests were performed on the lifts placed to assess compaction efforts. The density test report for this day list the test results for the work performed on this day.
- Based on the density test results, visual observation of the material placed and random probing of the placed lifts, the fill placed was found to be of suitable compaction.
CAT CP-433E model padfoot roller performing compaction
Compaction efforts in the area of proposed lots 17, 18 and 19