Daily Field Report
The site was visited by the undersigned AS Engineering and Consulting (ASEC) representative for the purpose of providing quality control inspection and testing services. Visual observation techniques were employed to assure compliance with project drawings/specifications, applicable codes, and materials submittals. The following observations were made on site today:
- The contractor continued excavation of Pond B planned to be on the southwest part of the site between Lots #9 and 7.
- Material excavated was used to bring the grade up at and in the vicinity of Lot #9.
- Two lifts were placed in this area today. The undersigned observed the soil being placed in approximately 8-inch lifts and compacted by one CAT CP-433E model padfoot roller.
- A bulk sample was collected to perform lab testing. Material has been assigned to conduct a moisture density relationship curve using standard effort.
- Two density tests were performed on the lifts placed to assess compaction efforts. The density test report for this day lists the test results for the work performed on this day.
- Based on the density test results, visual observation of the material placed and random probing of the placed lifts, the fill placed was found to be acceptable.
Compaction efforts using a CAT CP-433E
Pond B excavation
Fill placement in the vicinity of Lot 9