Daily Field Report
The site was visited by the undersigned AS Engineering and Consulting (ASEC) representative for the purpose of providing quality control inspection and testing services. Visual observation techniques were employed to assure compliance with project drawings/specifications, applicable codes, and materials submittals. The following observations were made on site today:
- Work continued on Wall 1 until. The location of the wall is along the western most part of lot 9 (begin STA 0+00.00 , end STA 0+94.50)
- Onsite material (Red Silty SAND) was used to build up the area beside the wall. (Moisture was at 18 to 20%) The area was compacted using a walk behind roller and a skid loader. The area was manually probed and and appeared to be well compacted.
- Excavation continued on the sewer line (along Cannon Walk) using 2 full size CAT excavator from an area directly in front of lot 14-13 headed south toward the end of the cul-de-sac.
- Compaction was performed (Cat Excavator with a sheep’s foot attachment) with onsite backfill material. (Red/Brown Silty Clay, stockpile located on lot 14) The fill material was at 19% moisture.
- 7 lifts was observed being placed in this area today. The undersigned observed the soil being placed in approximately 12 inch lifts and compacted with a CAT Excavator with a padfoot roller attachment.
- The density test report for this day list the test result for the work performed on this day.
- Based on the density test results, visual observation of the material placed and random probing of the placed lifts, the fill placed was found to be acceptable
- Grading continued on lots 10 – 16 using a full size CAT excavator, bulldozer, and dump truck.
- A DCP test was performed on Lot 16 (see DCP test report)