Daily Field Report
As requested, the site was visited by our AS Engineering and Consulting (ASEC) representative noted above, for the purpose of providing quality control inspection and testing services. Visual observation techniques were employed to assure compliance with project drawing/specifications, applicable codes, and materials submittals. The following observations were observed on site this day.
Site Observations and Activities:
- Phase 2 of the Taxiway Replacement 2022 project was underway.
- The writer observed the existing concrete in this phase was removed.
- The entire phase consists of two sections separated by a section of concrete that is planned to remain and will not receive any replacement. The northern section has two lanes running east to west and the southern section has 4 lanes running north to south.
- The soil cement in the southern section of the phase has been milled and brought down to target grades by the end of the previous shift.
- Kelly Construction started and continued excavation and installation of the planned underdrain system in the southern section of the phase.
- Ram Mogulla of ASEC and Fred Akinlasose of ATLQA observed the movement of loaded trucks and other heavy construction equipment within the southern section of the phase throughout the shift. In addition, the profile of the excavated trenches was observed. Based on these observations we believe the subgrade is acceptable to receive the asphalt leveling course.
- Contractor’s QC Manager was informed of this determination so they can schedule the asphalt paving contractor.
- No activities were performed within the northern section of the phase during this shift.
- The subgrade evaluation of the northern section is planned in the next shift after additional cleaning and surface preparation is completed.
If you have any questions with regards to our observations or conclusions, please reach out to us and we will be happy to discuss our findings and would welcome the opportunity to provide additional services or input necessary to complete this project.
Underdrain trench excavation in the southern section of phase 2
Underdrain tie-in to existing line in the northeast corner
Underdrain pipe assembly at the northeast corner.