Daily Field Report
The undersigned ASEC Inspector was on site, on the above date, visited the job site to observe and monitor the contractor’s work activities, and also conduct necessary testing for acceptance. The following observations were made, and required testing was performed in accordance with project specifications.
The following are observations that were made at this time:
- Excavation, pipe installation and backfilling continued along the sanitary sewer lines between manholes S2 and S1.
- Approximately 80 feet of 8 in PVC pipe was installed along this line.
- Based on review of guidelines for fill placement, the required compaction for structural fill at the above mentioned area was 95 % of standard proctor.
- Based on visual observation and field measuring, the fill was placed in 8 to 12 inch thick lifts and compacted using a CAT CP44b sheepsfoot compactor (weight; 16,471 lbs.). Based on density testing, the fill placed today at depths between approximately -18 feet and 0 feet below finished grade was compacted according to fill placement guidelines.
- Pipe and structures for the section of the line between S1 and S0 are to follow.
- Moisture content of the excavated material appeared to be on the wetter side.
- Please find the corresponding density test report for this day for test results.
ASEC recommends sealing of the surface of placed fill from inclement weather and to maintain positive drainage.
The contractor was notified about results.