Daily Field Report
As requested, the site was visited by the AS Engineering and Consulting (ASEC) representative noted above, for the purpose of providing quality control inspection and testing services, visual observation techniques were employed to assure compliance with project drawing/specifications, applicable codes, and materials submittals. the following observations were observed on site this day.
The placement and compaction of backfill soils for the Water Storm pipe trench between manholes, MH AA41 and MH AA42.
At the time of arrival work was on progress, the soils at depths about 3 feet below finished grade were compacted using a CP-433C compactor, tests result indicated that the compacted material met project requirement of 90% of the maximum dry density obtained by the (Standard Proctor ASTM 698).
Note: moister content exceeded from specified limit.
Density testing was performed using a Troxler nuclear gauge (#3430, serial #85759)
P-3, Proctor-99.4 @21.3%
- T1- 2 feet below from finish grade, Yd 90.3 M% 29.3, Compaction 90.1 %
- T2- 3 feet below from finish grade, Yd 91.6 M%27.2, Compaction 92.1%
- T3- 1 foot below from finish grade, Yd 89.8 M% 29 Compaction 90.4%
- T4- 2.5 feet below from finish grade, Yd 93.3 M% 27.3, Compaction 93.8%
- T5- 0.5 foot below from finish grade, Yd 89.6 M% 26.9, Compaction 90.1%
- T6- 1.5 feet below from finish grade, Yd 90.1 M% 27.5, Compaction 90.6 %
- T7- finish grade, Yd 92.2 M% 27.2, Compaction 92.7%
- T8- finish grade, Yd 91.06 M% 27.6, Compaction 91.6%
If you have any questions about our observations or recommendations stated in this report we will be more than glad to discuss them with you.