Daily Field Report
Our AS ENGINEERING AND CONSULTING, LLC (ASEC) representative Vidal Dias visited the site at the request of Jackson Demolition representative Josh Kelly. The undersigned representative was present to observe, verify and document the ongoing project activities. (Reference drawing E720661 S1 – R5, E720659 S1-R5.)
During the visit, the following observations were made:
- One thousand three hundred fourteen (1314) cubic yards of fill material were received and placed in section two of the basement. The fill placement area is shown in orange on the attached drawing. The materials were placed in accordance with ITP-001.
- Two density tests were performed to measure the compaction for a 12-inch lift in section 2 area G7 and 8 in a lift in section 2 area G8. Both compaction tests were 100% and within 3% of optimum moisture.
- A twenty-foot section of material was removed and replaced due to water flowing into the area and disrupting soil consolidation. The area was excavated to the terrafabric, and HDPE liner was placed beneath the fabric. Several 8-inch lifts were placed atop the lined area and compacted using a walk-behind vibratory compactor. The area is highlighted in purple on the attached drawing.
- Due to saturated soil conditions along the south wall, a 30-foot area needed to be filled. The area is highlighted in yellow on the attached drawing.
- Continuous compaction continued throughout the day along the edges of the basement walls with the walk-behind vibratory compactor.
Photo documentation and test locations are attached: