Daily Field Report
At the request of the client’s representative, our AS ENGINEERING AND CONSULTING, LLC (ASEC) representative, Amin Azimi visited the job site to observe the contractor’s work activities from a quality standpoint to assure compliance with project drawings/specifications, applicable codes, and materials submittals and conducted QC testing per the project drawings and specifications. The following observations were made on site this shift:
- Work was being performed in the Phase 4 portion of the Ramp 2 pavement replacement project on this day.
- At this time the panels were removed and the subgrade appears to have been milled and adjusted to proposed bottom of concrete elevation.
- The writer along with Sudipto of ATLQA and ATLNext representative Hazim, performed a proof-roll of the subgrade soils.
- A fully loaded tandem axle truck was used to proof-roll the above the mentioned subgrade with multiple passes across the area. The subgrade soils appeared to be stable with little to no deflection observed during the proof-roll in this area. A small area in the southeast corner (approximate area of 12×16 feet) was found to be deflecting. Recommended to contractor to undercut 8 inches and replaced with suitable compacted fill.
- In addition to this, the writer along with Sudipto of ATLQA and ATLNext representative Hazim, performed a post demolition spall check.
In case of any questions or concerns with regards to our observations or recommendations stated in this report we will be more than glad to discuss them with you.