Daily Field Report
At the request of the client’s representative, our AS ENGINEERING AND CONSULTING, LLC (ASEC) representative visited the job site to observe and monitor the contractor’s work activities from a quality standpoint to assure compliance with project drawings/specifications, applicable codes, and materials submittals and conducted QC testing per the project drawings and specifications. The following observations were made on site this shift:
- A proof-roll observation was performed in the taxiway replacement 22, phase 1B, east shoulder.
- A fully loaded tandem-axled water truck was used to proof-roll the above-mentioned subgrade with multiple passes across the area.
- Severe yielding and deflection was not observed during the proof-roll at all areas mentioned above. except a small area (10×7) feet at station 531+5 or east of the east shoulder. It was recommended to undercut to a depth of 2′ and replaced low slump concrete.
- Our representative along with Saketh of ATLQA and the ATLNext representative Hakim observed the proof-roll.
- Milling was observed to be completed prior to proof-roll activities.