Daily Field Report
At the request of the client’s representative, our AS ENGINEERING AND CONSULTING, LLC (ASEC) representative, Amin Azimi visited the job site to observe the contractor’s work activities from a quality standpoint to verify compliance with project drawings/specifications, applicable codes, and materials submittals and conducted QC testing per the project drawings and specifications. The following observations were made on site this shift:
- Cheoah (contractor) finished placing approximately 7 inches of Graded Aggregate Base (GAB) in lanes 5 and 6 of the roadway.
- ATL Paving placed approximately 6 inches of Cement Treated Base (CTB) for lanes 4 to 6.
- CWM prepared lane 2 with dowels and baskets and lane 1 with dowels and bars, epoxied in on the north end.
- BBH installed electric box and duct bank from approximately lane 6 to lane 12 (to STA 112+25). Duct bank was capped off with 3000 psi lean concrete.
- Performed straightedge on CTB for lanes 1 and 3.
- Cheoah removed existing stockpile from roadway (STA 107+50 to 110+00), and re-compacted using a sheeps-foot compactor.
In case of any questions or concerns with regards to our observations or recommendations stated in this report we will be more than glad to discuss them with you.