Daily Field Report
Our AS ENGINEERING AND CONSULTING, LLC (ASEC) representative Vidal Dias visited the site at the request of Excellere Construction representative Martha Herrera. The undersigned representative was present to visually inspect bolted connections that were installed along the Mansell Spur section of the project between Bent 21 and Bent 24.
During the visit, the following observations were made:
- Bolted Connections:
- Inspected bolted connections at the designated locations for adherence to specific criteria, including bearing, bolt placement, and complete nut engagement.
- Verified that the bolted connections within the area inspected as mentioned above, appeared to be acceptable and are in general accordance with the relevant AISC/RCSC code requirements and the project specifications for snug-tight fit.
- Beam-Column Moment Connection Inspection:
- Examined bolted beam-to-column moment connections within the inspection area as mentioned above.
- Verified the fastener assemblies within these bolted beam connections to ensure alignment with contract requirements pertaining to size, components, assembly order, and orientation and to snug-tight fit.
- Confirmed that the fastener assemblies exhibit a snug-tight condition consistent with the project drawings.
Conclusion: The site visit conducted on October 23, 2023, provided an assessment of ongoing project activities for the Big Creek Boardwalk. The observations made during the visit attest to the compliance of bolted connections for snug-tight conditions with relevant industry standards. If you have any questions or require further clarification regarding the content of this report, please do not hesitate to get in touch. We are readily available to address any inquiries you may have.