Daily Field Report
At the request of the client’s representative, our AS ENGINEERING AND CONSULTING, LLC (ASEC) representative visited the job site to observe the contractor’s work activities from a quality standpoint to assure compliance with project drawings/specifications, applicable codes, and materials submittals and conducted QC testing per the project drawings and specifications. The following observations were made on site this shift:
- proof-roll observation was performed on the residual soils location (highlighted by Red in sketch),
- A fully loaded tandem-axle dump truck was used to proof-roll the above-mentioned location with multiple passes across the area.
- yielding and deflection were not observed during the proof-roll at all areas mentioned above.
- The placement and compaction of backfill soils for road and lot# 32,and Sower line between MH B5 to MH B6, continued this day.
- At the time of arrival, our representative observed that work was in progress with one (1) foot lifts being placed, and compacted using 12 ton pad food compactor and for Sower line using trench compactor,
- Density test results indicate that the compacted materials met the project requirement of 90% of the maximum dry density obtained by the (Standard Proctor ASTM 698),