Daily Field Report
As requested, the site was visited by our AS Engineering and Consulting (ASEC) representative for the purpose of providing quality control inspection and testing services. Visual observation techniques were employed to verify compliance with project drawing/specifications, applicable codes, and materials submittals. The following observations were observed on site this day.
- The placement and compaction of backfill soils for sower trench between MH 4B to 5B, continued this day.
- At the time of arrival, our representative observed that work was in progress with one (1) foot lifts being placed, compacted using sheep food compaction equipment.
- Density test results indicate that the compacted materials met the project requirement of 90% of the maximum dry density obtained by the (Standard Proctor ASTM 698), and also
- The reinforcing inspection was performed for footing of retaining wall 10,
- The reinforcing steel was checked for correct size, number of bars, location of bars, spacing, cleanliness, support against displacement, splicing, clearance and steel grade. Based on visual observations and field measurements, the reinforcing steel at the above mentioned retaining wall footing appeared to be acceptable.
We appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you on this project. If you have any questions regarding this report, please feel free to contact us. We will be more than happy to discuss it with you.