Daily Field Report
At the request of the client’s representative, our AS ENGINEERING AND CONSULTING, LLC (ASEC) representative visited the job site to observe and the contractor’s work activities from a quality standpoint to assure compliance with project drawings/specifications, applicable codes, and materials submittals and conducted QC testing per the project drawings and specifications. The following observations were made on site this shift:
- Pre-pour observation was performed in the Phase 5 – Lane 2 and Lane 4 portions of the project on this day. Contractor completed rebar and dowel basket placement for these lanes.
- The writer visually inspected the installation and setup of these lanes and advised the contractor representatives of any minor corrections that were needed.
- The contractor cleaned loose rock and debris and standing water from the base.
- Baskets were found to be level, straight and secured.
- Dowel bars were found to have epoxy. Embedment length was found to be 15 inches into concrete.
- Also observed a proof-roll on taxi way 6A. The subgrade appeared to be at finished grade elevation based on information provided. A fully loaded tandem-axled dump truck was used to proof-roll the above-mentioned subgrade with multiple passes across the area.
Severe yielding and deflection was not observed during the proof-roll at all areas mentioned above. except a small area (11×17) feet at location Lane 1 in the SE corner. It was recommended to undercut to the depth of 6″ and replace it with low slump concrete,
- The writer along with Saketh of ATLQA and ATLNext representative Keith Kendal and CWM rep Brandon signed the pre-pour card.