Work with us
Engineering Technician (Soils and Concrete)
$17 - $26 per hour, depending on work experience and certifications acquired.
This position involves providing material testing, construction observation from a quality standpoint and construction inspections on assigned field projects according to the applicable specification for independent testing laboratories. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, sample preparation, collection & testing, field observations, general inspections and documentation of construction activities on site pertaining to soil, concrete, grout, mortar and asphalt.
- Receive, understand and execute written and verbal directions.
- Review specifications for civil and structural plans and identify sections applicable to the scope of work.
- Interacting and communicating daily with contractors, technicians, and project managers
- Perform tests, general construction inspections and observations according to project requirements.
- Submit daily field reports to document testing, inspections and field observations.
- Clearly identify, verbally communicate, and document test results and activities in a timely fashion.
- Document and communicate non-conforming items to designated project supervision.
- Clean, maintain and calibrate all assigned equipment according to applicable codes and standards.
- Transport, operate and care for a nuclear density gauge as assigned, meeting all safety, care and maintenance guidelines as outlined in the Radiation Safety Program Policy.
- Basic knowledge of sample preparation, collection & testing, field observations, and documentation of construction activities.
- Must pass relevant tests and/or achieve valid signatures.
- Ability to create and maintain accurate and confidential test records and to prepare easily understandable reports for documentation.
- Skilled in the use of computers and common software applications.
- Ability to learn company specific software and programs.
- Ability to be trained and to follow directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to dress, speak and act professionally & appropriately.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations, multiple priorities and hectic schedules calmly and courteously.
- Ability to work ethically, honestly and safely at all times.
- Ability to drive a company vehicle and adhere to all company guidelines for operation and safety.
- Must be able to move, lift or carry objects or materials up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding
- Ability to physically maneuver construction sites and excavations
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communications in the English language, including the ability to communicate directly and over the telephone and be understood.
Minimum Education, Training, Certifications and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Concrete Testing, ACI Field Level I Certification, preferred but not required
- All ICC certifications, preferred but not required
- Nuclear Gauge Certification, preferred but not required
Email your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our team has experience in providing a wide range of Geotechnical, Environmental and Construction Support services to Residential,Commercial, Institutional and Governmental clients.
We believe safety of our people and those we serve is of utmost importance and strive constantly to make this our highest priority.
Integrity & Quality
We are passionate about everything we do and stand behind our work. As an engineering and testing firm, we see INTEGRITY and QUALITY are our greatest treasures and intend to protect it at all costs.
We believe our RESPONSIVENESS ATTITUDE to build a good working relationship and DELIVERING on our COMMITMENTS is where we set ourselves above the rest. We thank you for placing your trust in us and hope to be part of your future endeavors.